al-Shaykh, Abu Haydar al-Rawi

al-Shaykh Abu Haydar, Manaf al-Rawi, the Islamic State’s commander in Baghdad, was born in Russia in 1975. He joined al-Mujahideen at the beginning of the Crusader invasion of Iraq. Allah blessed him as he was a close friend of al-Shaykh Abu Muhammad al-Lubanani (Abu al-Shahid). He was a part of the first generation of al-Mujahideen during the First Battle of al-Fallujah and due his bravery and military skills, he was assigned to a sensitive mission during this battle, which was evacuating the wounded from the battlefield to medical centers outside the city and supplying al-Mujahideen with subsistence, during the siege of al-Fallujah, this was really difficult, especially when there is heavy airstrikes and artillery bombardment. Later, he became acquainted with al-Shaykh Abu Mu’ab al-Zarqawi (was one of the five masked men who appeared in the Nick Berg beheading video), and al-Shaykh Abu Ayoub al-Masri, al-Shaykh Abu Anas al-Shami and al-Shaykh Omar Hadid, where he became more involved in the practice of his profession and public affairs and held himself back for the sake of Allah and dedicated his life to al-Jihad and al-Mujahideen.

He played a role in a number of major operations in-and-around Baghdad, including the August 2009 bombings of several government ministries, several Baghdad martyrdom operations against the American military as well as Jan 25 attacks that hit three hotels where American soldiers and other Westerns live.

He combined courage with manners, humility and honour, and with mercy and kindness to his brothers, al-Muhajireen and al-Ansar. When he proposed to his wife, her only condition was that he does not prevent her from making a martyrdom operation, he then agreed and they got married. After a brief time she carried out a martyrdom operation for the sake of Allalh even before she has a baby.

He was arrested and imprisoned three times during his life, in the first time he was arrested by US special forces when they raided his house in Baghdad and spent almost 4 years before he was released in 2008. He continued on the path of al-Jihad and was not affected by captivity and trials. A short while after his release, he was nominated for former Wali of Baghdad (governor) for his military and administrative skills. He was arrested once again in 2009 by the Safawi Army but he released after 6 weeks because they have not identified him.

Upon his release, he was arrested, in 2010, for the third time while he was passing through a Rafida checkpoint in Rawa town, where they recognized him from his photo on a most-wanted list and arrested him. He spent 3 years of brutal torture in solitary confinement but he persevered and remained steadfast until he was executed on the hand of al-Rafida in April 2013, may Allah accept him and grant him al-Firdaws al-A’la. Ameen.